Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I've had so much fun....

creating these chipboard calendar magnets!! I know I've already posted this project before but I just had to show you the 2 calendars I made for teachers/friends this past Christmas. Now, bear in mind that I did use non-TAC patterned paper but they turned out beautiful!!




My dh was able to get a "sleeve" of coasters from his Miller Distributing client so I could make these calendars!! I first glued a business card magnet on the back (to cover most of the beer logo) with FabriTac glue. Then I glued a piece of patterned paper to the front of the coaster, rounded and sanded the edges, attached a calendar I printed using free software from http://www.red-castle.com/software/fw/printcal.htm, attached a floral (one from the floral department that I just pulled apart), and attached a stamped tag raised with popdots. Whalaa!!

These are sooo addictive!! Why don't you try one for yourself and post your creation in the comments.



_________________________________________________________________


Now for a card that I made a while back for a swap I participate monthly in. It uses Lilly
Anna cardstock with the Catelynne paper collection. These compliment each other so nicely. If I had the Lilly Anna hardware, well I would have used that too. The coloring was done using prismacolor pencils. This card is all about mixing and matching different things. Another example, is the stamp sets used. The little "twig" is from Deco Designs and the little girl is from Kid Praises. I didn't mention this cardstock, but it is textured with a "washboard" effect. It gives a really neat look.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails