Friday, November 13, 2009

2009 Halloween treats!!


Well as promised, here are the Halloween treats that I made for my kids' Halloween parties this year.  First up, is this cute treat box using Boo to You that I made for my son's class.  I bought these little boxes from a dollar store called Deals.  They were 12/box for $1.  I found them in the wedding aisle and you just fold and embellish.  Here I used a small piece of patterned paper by Paper Studio.  The row of stars on the handle is a stamp from Boo to You.  I just curved the stamp to my block and stamped!  It was the perfect length to fit on the handle!!  The addition of a stamped 2009 Halloween tag adds that little extra something.  The tag was colored in with my ancient SU markers and layered onto a punched scallop circle and hung by some twine.  And that ghost?  Again, sooo easy to cut out/pop up!
 
  Here is a picture of all the treat boxes lined up!! It was fun to make all of these but it was fun to see them all done too!  Now, I wanted to share the treats inside the box.  My good friend, Laurie, mentioned that she was going to try these wrapped candy bars as mummies!  I used the mini Hershey bars, wrapped with crepe paper, and embellished with googly eyes!  (again supplies came from the dollar store)  They turned out so cute!  The other little treat is a Mini Tootsie Roll Pop spider.  I bought a bunch of black pipe cleaners, cut 4 of them in half, held them together, wrapped them around the stick for legs, and bent them to make joints! 
Next up, are the treats I sent with my daughter.  These were a little less "involved" as these were for 3-4 yr. olds.  I again found these cute mini Halloween ziploc treat bags at the dollar store.  I simply filled them up with some spooky candy and put a bag topper on that was made from the SU Top Note die, ghost from Boo to You, and Spooky sentiment from Spooky Sweets.  I just put one staple to attach to the bag and then placed the ghost over the top to cover the staple!

Here are all the little bags lined up!!  Now, I do wonder if anyone noticed the cute little pumpkins decorating my table.  I will post tomorrow about those!!  They were super easy and I RECYCLED! Until next time, Happy Stamping!
{2009 Halloween Treats}
Stamps:   Boo to You (PTI), 2009 Halloween Tags (PTI), Spooky Sweets (PTI)
Ink:  Truc Black (PTI)
Cardstock:  Misc. black and white, Only Orange (SU)
Misc:  Top Note Die (SU), pop dots, twine

3 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

These are too adorable!

BethieJ said...

Oh these are so CUTE! I LOVE the boxes.. must check our $1 store! :) and those mummies are DARLING!!!
Have a GREAT weekend!

Kim said...

These are so cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails