Monday, July 30, 2012

12 Kits of Christmas {July Kit}



Gosh where has this summer gone?  I am celebrating Christmas in July here on my blog today along with the fabulous group of gals from the 12 Kits of Christmas!  This month's host was Christina of SeaGlass & Sentiments.  Christina sent my other favorite holiday paper from last season for us to work with called Wonder from Authentique.  Such a beautiful line of papers for the holiday.


July Kit
{photo courtesy of Kara}



I have 3 cards to share with you today.  The first 2 are made from contents of Christina's kit.  These cards literally made themselves.  She sent such great coordinating products that whipping these up were a cinch!  The background here is one of the papers from the kit paired up with a stamped sentiment diecut and a ribbon!  Easy peasy!

12 Kits of Christmas


Next up, is another simple card using the big poinsettia image from WMS.  I tell ya this set is going to make it's way to me one of these days!  I love this gorgeous flower with all it's detail.  Here I went CAS and just outlined the poinsettia with R22 Copic for a little detail. 

12 Kits of Christmas


And finally, this month we decided to post a card that was CASE'd from a previous month........this could be any card from any of the ladies in the group.  Renee, founder and creator of 12 Kits, has put together this FABULOUS Pinterest Board of ALL of our cards from the group!  So so much inspiration there!  Check it out HERE.......12 Kits.  So this is an ode to Renee where she made THIS card and I loved how she scored the white paper to look like wainscoating.....the perfect backdrop for the window die from Memory Box!  So here's my CASE of Renee's wonderful card!  The ingredients for this card came from several previous kits! 

12 Kits of Christmas

Well, that's it for me today......but please go check out the other gals from our group!
I know they will give you lots of inspiration for the holiday cards you should be starting on!  LOL

Renee {It's a Patchwork Life}

July Kit Ingredients:
Stamps:  Big Bloom Poinsettia, Vintage Labels 18 (WMS), Big Pine Bough (Hero Arts), Holiday Words Tree (Inkadinkadoo), Retro Christmas (Practicing Creativity), Poinsettia Patterns, Winter Wishes (Wplus9), Fresh Alphabet (PTI)
Paper:  Stampin' Up and PTI
Pattern Paper:  Wonder (Authentique)
Ink:  Stampin' Up and Memento
Tools:  Labels 18 Dies (Spellbinders), Perched Reed Bird, Twig and Berries (Memory Box), Photo Finisher Dies (PTI)
Misc:  Miscellaneous Ribbons and Twine, Paper Leaves (Bazzill)

24 comments:

Marybeth said...

Hi Amy! I always love how you use the printed papers and then just a simple but elegant bow… Always gorgeous! I had to look twice on the Poinsettia flower, The outlining is a great touch. Almost looks cut. Beautiful case of Renee’s . As always great job ! Wish I knew how to put the 12 kits on my seldom used pinterest. I will ask my daughter then use you link.

Joyce said...

Super job on the cards. What fun you had with the patterned papers. That poinsettia is just gorgeous as a focal point. Love the case, too. That window die is just so fun.

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous card Amy, I love how you used he patterned papers. You are right what a lovely line.

Karenladd said...

Oh, these are just beautiful! I love that you make the most of the printed paper and don't over load your cards with "stuff! Just enough to give huge impact!

The Paper Parade said...

Amy, I love that you made the satin ribbon behind the mat on the first card, that looks really great! And the poinsettia looks so serene and pops so well with the outlining you did. Love the center with all the jewels, too :) And finally, what a great card you picked to case! Renee has such a great sense of style, doesn't she?

Brandi said...

Fabulous Christmas cards girl!

Miriam Prantner said...

Gorgeous! That first one is my fave! Love how you used the ribbon and all those strips of paper!

Jill Norwood said...

Gorgeous cards! Love them all! I really need ie "want" that window die - it sure makes a beautiful "scene" card! Love that! And I just received the WMS poinsettia set in the mail and can't wait to break it out - great tip to outline with the copic! Thanks for the lovely inspiration!

Kara said...

Beautiful! Love the ribbon on your first card! Great CASE of Renne's card!!

Lynn said...

I love this time of the month when I get to see the fabulous results of the kit. So many gorgeous patterned papers and I love the window with the tree.

Christina said...

I always look forward to your kit creations, Amy, and this month is no exception! I love the looped ribbon on your first card. It really makes the label stand out from the patterned strips. And I will definitely be CASEing the second one with the big poinsettia! Love the bling in the center, the simple rounded corners, and the holly framing the sentiment. Finally, your CASE of Renee's card will definitely be CASEd by me in the near future! So glad I have some of these die cuts left. I love the look of the "snow" behind the tree. Thanks for doing such beautiful work with the kit this month, Amy!

Renee said...

OMGosh!!
Do you know...
and no lie here...
I was going to loop the remainder of my ribbon with that label EXACTLY like that...
with THAT paper...
and then I lost the ribbon! :(
OK...in all honesty I'm pretty sure a little guy stole it when I wasn't looking...
something about a girl and a bracelet...
but OMGosh!!
To think that I had a similar idea to your creative brain...
it must mean I'm improving!!
An insult to you...
sorry :(...
but I'm on a total high right now!!:)
Gorgeous cards...
love them!!
And OMGosh...
you CASE'd me!! :)
And did it better I might add...
I love it! :)

Renee said...

OH!
And forgot to add...
yes!
You must haves the poinsettia...
it's perfection!! :)
*giggle*

Cathy Weber said...

Oh, wow are you good! That looped ribbon on your first card is just so creative...loved that element with the great patterened paper you chose and the poinsettia card with the rounded corners really highlighed the pretty poinsettia. I love your case as well, those window cards are always my favorite. Great job with Christinas kit this month Amy!

Jeanne J. said...

Amy - I love that looped satin ribbon and all the stripes of pretty paper on the first one, the clean look of the poinsettia on the second - the shading you added is so subtle, but it adds so much depth - another "why didn't I think of that?" moment... and your "ode to Renee" just lovely. That pp looks like the perfect wallpaper. You have such a clean style with just the right amount of bling to satisfy! Beautiful!

Marisa said...

Lovely mix of cards, Amy. You have a nice start to your Christmas stash :) Not sure which I like best - great work on all of them.

Sharron said...

Love the ribbon treatment! You always do such amazing things with CAS designs! Wish I had your magic touch. Love both of your kit cards as well as your CASE of Renee's card! Can't imagine life without window dies now. That was such a cool kit to start off the year with. Well, they have all been awesome! And I love yours SO very much too--Lil' Inkers is the best!

Kim Heggins said...

Amy, amazing job with this months kit, I love your first card with that ribbon folded over, such a smart idea. And all of the different pieces of patterned paper, I really love that look and those pearls, a wonderful sweet touch to finish off that card. I knew someone would pull out a window frame for this kit, just so sweet with that tree peeking out. All of your cards are so stunning, great job.

Laurie said...

These are awesome cards Amy! I was just telling Suzanne that all this Christmas is inspiring me to make my own cards this year...or really try to! hehe! SO good chatting today! I miss ya!

Suzanne said...

Renee is right, I think you need these poinsettias! Your card is gorgeous!!! I love the bling in the center, and on your first card - I gasped! I LOVE it, Christina stated it perfectly. The loop really makes it stand out against the paper. Gorgeous cards!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful cards, Amy! I really love that Christmas tree in the window. Fabulous work!

DoBea A. said...

These cards are beautiful Amy! I love that people are making them already!!

Jen Carter said...

These are all gorgeous Amy!! My favorite is the window with the tree behind it!! Beautiful use of all of the supplies!

Agno said...

Hi I love this card
How did you do the tree????
It would be so nice of you if you may explain
Is it a dies???
Thanks so much for your creativity
Agno

Related Posts with Thumbnails