Sunday, September 28, 2014

Strawberries........


Let's face it.....I don't want summer to end.  Anyone else out there with me?  I just love everything about it.  As my kids' baseball and softball seasons end soon, so does my sense of summer.  :(

So my card today shares a fun part of summer....all the fresh fruit that is so abundant.  I know some of you will be shocked.....and I am too about my next sentence.  I used to hate strawberries.  Yes......it's true.  Maybe it was that I was forced to eat them as a child or it was my stupidity for not trying them again until I was an adult.  Well, now I LOVE them.  Guess it just took 30 years and some growing up to change my mind!  :)

I adore this strawberry die from Whimsy Stamps.  It is so detailed and makes for an easy card accent or focal piece.  To go along with the country feel, I made my own pierced background using the Stitched Border Dies from Whimsy Stamps.


I pieced together a sentiment from Sweet as Candy and paired it with the Sweet die all from Whimsy Stamps!  The Sweet die was cut from a Distress Ink watercolored piece of cardstock.


9.28.14

Since this week over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge it's "Anything Goes", I am going to link this up over there!

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

{You're so Sweet}
Stamps:  Sweet as Candy Sentiments (Whimsy Stamps)
Paper:  Harvest Gold, Dark Chocolate, White, Pure Poppy, Ripe Avocado (PTI)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Dies:  Sweet Die, Fruity Dies, Stitched Border Dies (Whimsy Stamps)
Misc:  Foam Adhesive, Enamel Dots (MME)

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

super SWEET card...I ADORE those strawberries!

Lisa Elton said...

Those strawberries are GREAT, what a cute card! I'm with you on summer ending, but our September weather has been glorious!!

rcwidow (Linda) said...

I am with you Amy on not wanting Summer to end! Gorgeous card!

Virginia L. said...

This is SO sweet! I love the details and elements you chose, Amy! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Barb said...

You make the most beautiful cards! Your designs are always so perfect, Amy! Love every detail of this awesome card!

Miriam Prantner said...

Holy wow! That background looks amazing, it must have taken forever but totally worth it!

Jennifer K said...

Adorable card! The background totally seals the deal.

Joyce said...

This is a fabulous card--I do love that Strawberry die and also the pierced background you made. I am right there with you on strawberries--didn't like them until I was about 25 years old. And, since then, can't get enough--probably making up for lost time.

Tanya Ham said...

I'm with you, I don't want summer to end either! :) LOVE this card, and LOVE that background and the berries! Very cute!!

Kim S said...

Sweet(!) and simple - love the background!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous sweet card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Related Posts with Thumbnails