Saturday, January 9, 2016

MFT Guest Designer--You're a Gem


Hello......I am so excited to be joining My Favorite Things this month as a Guest Designer!  With this past release, LOVE is certainly in the air and I couldn't be happier to craft for this holiday!  I just fell in love with these new tags in the Dienamics Tag Builder Blueprints 5.  There is stitching and double stitching and so many extra details included in this set that I decided to focus on them for my card. 

My Favorite Things


I began by doing a watercolor background with a very diluted Candied Apple Distress Ink palette and to make it even lighter, I dabbed the ink off with a paper towel.  I love the soft shade of pink it became!  I diecut and layered 3 tags together for dimension and added in the tiny double stitched square in Steel Grey.  I also watercolored a scrap of watercolor paper with the same shade to use for diecutting the small hearts as well.



My main image is from LJD called All Heart.  This set has adorable punny images and stamps.  The larger "Gem" was white heat embossed and watercolored.  This heart was adhered with foam adhesive to the center of my tag frame.  My sentiment from All Heart was stamped inside the small rectangle frame.  This space is perfect for these sentiments!



To add some finishing touches, I've added diecut arrows and hearts from the Dienamics Tag Builder Blueprints 5.  Some were cut out of Steel Grey and some out of the watercolor scrap.  To add some sparkle and shine, I coated the hearts and "gem" with Clear Wink of Stella.  I just love the shimmer!  This whole watercolor panel was adhered off center to a Steel Grey notecard.  

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

4 comments:

Lisa H. said...

So awesome! Cute card!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful use of many elements!

Lisa Elton said...

YAY, congrats on guesting Amy, so happy for you!! Love your card, everything blends so well together!

Barb said...

So happy for you, Amy! Congrats!! This card is fab! Love the gray and pink combo!

Related Posts with Thumbnails