Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Retro Christmas anyone?

Dear Santa

Hello!  The recent new release from Avery Elle has me going back to my childhood days of retro Christmas lights and pie plate trees in my yard!  There are several sets that I consider "retro" and I have 2 cards to share today using them.
Avery Elle

First, is an adorable mini set called Dear Santa and coordinating Dear Santa Elle-ments dies.  I colored my sophisticated cat and matching Santa hat with Copics and added some shading.  What a better sentiment than "Don't get your tinsel in a tangle" to pair with some gold thread!  I think it's the perfect "retro" touch as well as the matching gold glitter enamel dots.  Paper strips are scraps from The Jewel Collection 6x6 Paper Pad from Avery Elle.
 
Dear Santa2

***********************************

Retro Ornaments

Now this card brings back memories!  Many memories of my dad hanging lights every year for Christmas.  These same type of lights were also on a "pie plate tree" he made and displayed in our yard.  Anyone have one of those or remember them?  Now, I wish I had one of them!!!  Maybe I need to hit my dad up to make one for me!

Using the Retro Ornaments stamp set, I repeatedly stamped ithe string of Christmas lights in with black ink.  I quickly colored them with Copic colors I remember when I was young.....red, yellow, orange, green, blue.  A tiny white pigment ink dot was added with my Signo Uniball pen for some texture.  My panel was trimmed with the Pierced Banner Layers Elle-ments and adhered with foam adhesive.  The fun retro sentiment was stamped onto one of the Pierced Banner Layers Elle-ments and layered.  This card will be super easy to mail off this holiday season!

Retro Ornaments2

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails