Sunday, April 30, 2017

Pretty Pink Posh / Hello Butterflies

Hello spring!  Even though spring is the season, I just can't wait for more warmer weather here in Kansas........yes, that Kansas weather has us all turned around!  We've pulled out winter coats to go to softball games!  Crazy!

HelloButterfly

Whenever I am a little challenged with color, I refer to my color board over on Pinterest.  You can follow me HERE.  I knew what I wanted to do for this card but needed a bit of help in the color department.  Insert, Pinterest.  And this color board.  Instant color inspiration!


I love the look of stripes and I've used the Stitched Borders 3 from Pretty Pink Posh to make my colored stripes for my card panel.  The cardstocks were all scraps (bonus!), were die cut, and mounted onto a white cardstock panel.  I stamped 2 "hello" sentiments from Blissful Butterflies onto the strips......made for easy stamping!  The gorgeous butterflies were Copic colored to match the shades of stripes with some Wink of Stella for shimmer.  The butterfly "trails" were stamped in black and butterflies attached with the wings pulled up for dimension.  This whole panel was added to a white top folding notecard with foam adhesive.

HelloButterfly2

Thanks for sharing a part of your day with me.......Spring or not!  ☺

4 comments:

Vicki Finger said...

Super Pretty, Amy. I need to read and see what you used to create the stripes.

Lynn said...

Wow! These colors are beautiful. I love this card...so gorgeous!

Sitting on the back patio and it is low 80s. Hoping we don't get your cold weather but we probably will!

Nunzia Carusio said...

Stunning! Great card!

Aunt Denise said...

Great shading on the wings! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails